The NEBOSH National General Certificate has an updated syllabus for all our 2020 classroom courses.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is one of the UK’s most popular health and safety qualifications. Offering a valuable overview of the core aspects of occupational health and safety, the course provides an excellent platform for individuals who are looking to build upon their knowledge and skills and take their career forward. At present 87% of UK employers request a NEBOSH qualification when recruiting for health and safety roles
Designed for managers, supervisors and employees who have health and safety responsibilities, the certificate will equip you with all you need to know about how to manage workplace risks effectively and the new syllabus effectively represents the role of a real-life health and safety professional in 2020
This course takes place over an 10 day period, including exams.
Unit NG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Element 1 - Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2 - How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3 - Managing risk - understanding people and processes
- Element 4 - Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit NG2: Risk Assessment
- Element 5 - Physical and psychological health
- Element 6 - Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7 - Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8 - General workplace issues
- Element 9 - Work equipment
- Element 10 - Fire
- Element 11 – Electricity
What Has Changed?
The course is now only two units (NG1 & NG2) and the content has been restructured and updated to reflect modern Health & Safety practices in 2020. The net result is a small reduction in the overall study hours.
The major change is with the assessment where there is now only one exam and one practical assessment.
Unit NG1 is examined by a formal 2 hour written exam (replacing NGC1)
Unit NG2 is assessed by a practical assessment (this is a longer assessment than the previous GC3)
What I will know once I have successfully completed the course
- How to effectively manage health and safety
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- How to measure if you’ve been successful
- The UK’s key legal requirements
What will I be able to do once I have successfully completed the course
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed action plan
- Manage and minimise workplace risks
- Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture
This modern qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials to provide you with an interesting and engaging experience. It focuses on key skills that means you can instantly apply the knowledge you gain and add value to your organisation.
The course now consists of 2 assessments
A 2 hour written paper to assess what you know
A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do based on your workplace
Both assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.
Book This Course
Highest Rated Training
We are the highest rated independant training provider. Read More