To book this course at one of our venues you must also book the 1 Day Emergency First Aid at Work course. This course requires and an additional 1 hour extra on the day to achieve this qualification.
This additional module cannot be booked online - please contact us to check available dates
Why take this course?
Meets standards required by OFSTED, EYFS and Childcare Registration requirements.
Legally required training.
This course is for people working with young children and those working towards an Early Years educator qualification.
New legislation from the Department of Education requires all newly qualified level two and three child carers to have either an emergency Paediatric first aid or full Paediatric First Aid certificate. The new legislation comes into effect from the 3rd April 2017.
It remains a legal requirement for at least one person with a valid full 12-hour paediatric first aid certificate to be available at all times within a professional child care establishment. This includes cover for sickness and annual leave and to accompany children on trips or excursion
Qualification: Regulated 3 Year TQUK Level 3/6 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) EPFA / Unregulated 3 Year GCT EPFA Certification
Location: In your workplace or through Blended Learning: a mix of E-Learning and Face to Face Training
Face to face: 6 Hours
Blended: 2 Hours online 4 Hours face to face
Student numbers: Maximum 12 Learners
Student Age: 14+ (accompanied by a responsible adult)
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- normallyBe able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- Understand how to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shockUnderstand how to administer first aid to an infant or child with bites, stings and minor injuries
Book This Course
Highest Rated Training
We are the highest rated independant training provider. Read More